Friday, February 1, 2008

Lunch Today

Up until August of last year I worked downtown, and Neil works in Clarksville. We'd frequently meet for lunch, usually with one of us driving to the other's place of employment and going to a restaurant from there. But then we found out about Lunch Today, and we only rarely went anywhere else for lunch after that. Not only was it located right in the middle between our two workplaces, it features all kinds of delicious sandwiches, salads, and soups. They have a nice patio and incredibly friendly counter service.

After I quit my downtown job we ate there less often. I'm in the process of finding a job that has something to do with my master's degree, and for now I'm temping. As fate would have it, this week I started a job in Jeffersonville that is within walking distance of Lunch Today (though I haven't actually been walking, because it's cold and gross outside). I've eaten there every day since Tuesday, and yesterday the women that work there said something about it. But what can I say? It's addictive! This week's special is one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten: a panini with ham, cheddar cheese, onions, mustard, and apple butter. I wasn't sure how well the mustard and apple butter were going to work together, but it turns out that it's a pretty amazing combination. The sandwich specials are frequently delicious and interesting, but the regular menu is wonderful too.

Sadly, Lunch Today is only open during the week, so if you don't work in the area you may never get to experience it. But if you work downtown you should definitely try it; it's just over the Second Street Bridge.

Lunch Today
590 Missouri Avenue Suite 100
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
812-282-1005

No comments: