Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goat's Milk

I get pretty regular cravings for goat's milk. I never actually act on these cravings, because I'm not much of a milk drinker to begin with, and I can't imagine myself sitting down with a nice tall glass of goat's milk - at least not often enough to go through a whole carton of the stuff without it going bad.

The other day I had a rather random idea about how to serve goat's milk. A very small cup of it, heated, served with a couple of exceptionally good ginger snaps. I think the sweetness and slight bite of the cookies would be a nice compliment to the creamy funk of the milk.

I have a set of demitasses that I inherited from my grandmother (along with several gorgeous tea sets) and I think they'd be well-suited to this idea. Now I just have to find at least one other person who's willing to drink goat's milk with me! I love this idea as an after-dinner dessert, but I don't think many of my friends would go for it. Neil probably would, to humor me. Perhaps I'll try it on him and see what happens.

No comments: